December 12

Today was a nice, normal day for us. After nearly a week of colossal routine-upheaval, it was really nice to just do what we do.  Daisy was pretty happy to have things back to normal.

Happy girl.
*Edited* - I would like to point out that Daisy's hair is in its current state of complete chaos because someone (whose name rhymes with "Yay-leb") was playing with her hairbrush and it disappeared. It is not a fashion statement; it is an unfortunate consequence of having a brother who really likes the hairbrush song from Veggie Tales.

Don't you love that her size 9-month jeans are too short? This tall/skinny thing is challenging. At least we have the bulky cloth diapers to make pants fit a little bit better!

We had a playdate with a friend this morning, then stopped by Hallmark on our way home. I've gotten Caleb a special ornament each Christmas, so we had to pick out his new special ornament, as well as Daisy's "Baby's first Christmas" ornament.

I wasn't in love with the one that I found for Daisy, but choices were slim. And she seems to like it just fine, thank you.

I suppose if nothing else, it's soft and cuddly, just like she is.

I also grabbed this sparkly foam D and some sticky gems at Target. Caleb has a C on the tree, so I figured Daisy needs a D.

And Caleb's ornament? I let him choose between Tow-Mater or a tractor. Guess what he chose?

He's very sad about the fact that it has to hang on the tree and not be played with, though. At first I let him play with it, but he promptly broke it. I was able to re-attach the wheel he broke off, but the missing steering wheel is another story.

No pictures of Caleb today, but as I type this I hear him chattering and giggling himself to sleep on the monitor. He's a good boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment