December 30

Well. We started the big move today. Got the big truck, prepared to load it up.

And only one person showed up to help us. (Well, two if you count her toddler, too.)

I'm torn between feeling like the biggest loser ever (Seriously? No one can help us move? Really? Are we such jerks/dorks/lame-os that none of the people we've ever helped could take an afternoon to help us?) and the luckiest person ever because I have a friend like Sara (who showed up  before we needed her, and immediately dove into the packing and sorting and labelling and loading and lifting and never once acted like what she was doing was a big deal).

I was worried about having Cooper here. After all, we already had a toddler and a baby underfoot. Adding another toddler would be a recipe for disaster, right?

Wrong. Cooper kept Caleb and Daisy way more entertained than any adult could have.

The kids were stoked when Chris arrived with the big truck. They ran to the front window to watch him pull into the driveway, then all ran to climb up into the cab.

See Daisy clapping her hands in delight?

Yay for trucks!

Love this cutie pie!

To keep Caleb and Cooper out of the way while we loaded the big things, we put them on the stairs.

Two two-year-olds attempting to high five. Love it!

They loved stomping their feet together. What silly boys!

We're driving the truck over bright and early to unload. Hopefully a few more people will be able to help us then. If not, my pride may never recover.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's just the time of year, not anything related to you, Carrie! I felt the same way when no one called or showed up to deliver us dinners after Allie was born. But then I guess I had to remember that it *was* the week before Christmas. If I wasn't throwing a party tomorrow, I'd be there! Hope you have a few more hands tomorrow, girl! Can't wait to see more pics of your new house as you get it looking how you'd like. I'd love to live in Creve Coeur, and your place looks super cute already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's not snowing! We had some stuff to move in the snow last year, even harder to get anyone to help! Lucky me is working today, so trust me I'd rather help you move...especially with the night we had last night. Hope it goes smoothly. Happy New Year! =-)

    ReplyDelete