December 11

I almost failed today.

Almost.

We were at the new house later than normal, then Chris took the kids home to do bathtime while I made my second trip of the day to Target to pick up the things I forgot the first time around. I got home, grabbed a freshly-bathed Daisy, nursed her, and put her to bed without taking a single picture of her today.

But then I snuck back upstairs and snapped one quick photo:
Our sweet little girl, in bed for the night.

As you can tell from the picture, it seems as though we are officially a bed-sharing family, at least for the time being. I put away the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper (ours isn't as nice as the one I linked to; ours is a borrowed, much-older version) and put a bed rail up instead. Now Daisy officially sleeps in bed with us, with the rail to keep her from falling out. Really, we've been sleeping like this for a while, but I still can't say I whole-heartedly approve of bed-sharing. So I kept the co-sleeper up just to make me feel like maybe we weren't actually keeping her in bed with us all night. That makes total sense, right? But we were, and we are, and for now it is what it is and I'm ok with it.

And now it is way too late and I should go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment