October 4

A sunny, unscheduled Friday was just what we needed today. The kids and I hung out and played all day, and then for some strange reason, Caleb and Daisy both napped for well over four hours. Hope no one is getting sick!

Daisy went potty today (she's using the big toilet independently now), and came back and proudly announced, "I go potty. Because I a BIG girl."

Yes, Daisy. You are definitely a big girl.

And my big  boy... 
wrote his name for the first time today! Can you see it up there? I wrote it in blue, and then he did it in green, starting below my blue B. His Bs still need some work, but I was SO proud of him!

(He was pretty proud of himself, too. This is the picture I texted Chris and my mom so that they could share in the moment.)

During Caleb and Daisy's mega-naps, Lily and I got to spend lots of quality time together. Lily was napping when they fell asleep, but they napped for so long that she woke up, played for an hour and a half, took another nap, woke up again, and was just about ready for another nap when they finally woke up.

Hey, girlie!
Is it fun having mama all to yourself?

"What did you do with my brother and sister??"

Don't worry, Lil. They're just napping.

Caleb and Daisy slept until almost 5:00, so we pushed bedtime back a little bit and enjoyed a fire in our fire pit. 
We also bent our dietary rules a bit and let Caleb and Daisy eat toasted marshmallows. Caleb declared it was the best food day ever: pizza for dinner, baked apples for dessert, and then toasted marshmallows! Hopefully he ate enough to carry him through until pizza night next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment