October 27

As I type this, the Cardinals are playing in Game 4 of the World Series. We love to dress up to cheer on our beloved Cardinals, so while the big kids napped today, I put Lily in her baseball diaper and took a few photos. 

Remember Caleb and Daisy in these same diapers during the 2011 World Series? (You really should click through to that link. Those photos are ridiculously adorable!!!)

Here's Lily's take on the baseball diaper:
She's still working on the tummy time thing, but she's getting stronger every day! 
We served in our church  nursery today, and there is a pair of twin girls who are a month and a half older than Lily. They were rolling all over the place, and - I confess - I was a little bit jealous. I cannot wait until Lily starts rolling! So I am now making a commitment to be more dedicated about tummy time. I figure the stronger Lily gets, the sooner she'll start rolling.
Maybe I should put her on a weight lifting regimen, too?

Those rolls! I realize that they're nothing spectacular compared to other chubby babies, but compared to Daisy, they are downright miraculous. Also, you can just barely see Lily's cherry hemangioma in this picture. It looks like a red speck on the side of her belly/rib cage, near her elbow. See it? Up close, it looks like a pin prick or a scrape, until you realize that it isn't actually an open wound. Her doctor told me that it's pretty common and nothing to worry about. It may stay the same, or it may get larger, but it should go away by her second birthday. Interesting, right?

I adore this picture of my sweet girl. It just makes me laugh!

Let's go Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment