October 23

I'm going to be honest: Caleb and Daisy stayed in their jammies all day today. 
Around 2:00, I decided I should go ahead and get dressed for the day.

It was a stay-at-home-in-our-jammies kind of day.

I spent most of the morning working on Halloween costumes while Caleb and Daisy (miraculously!) entertained themselves. Lily knew she'd been a stinker last night, so she slept until nearly 9, hung out cheerfully while I worked and the big kids played, and went back down for a nap without a fuss.

Daisy and I picked up some Halloween window clings at Target yesterday, and she and Caleb had fun decorating the front windows.

Caleb is all about anything spooky lately.

I know it's a terrible picture, but it's a milestone! Daisy brought this ball over to Lily, and Lily played with it! (OK, really she held onto it and licked it, with some occasional shaking of the ball. But still.)

During the course of the morning, I:
created a Princess Leia costume out of two pillowcases
created a Yoda hat out of a fleece sweatshirt from Goodwill
modified a Darth Vader cape to include a hood
broke my sewing machine needle

Caleb and Daisy were so excited about the costumes! Daisy was supposed to be Chewbacca, but just as I was looking at my yard of faux fur and wondering how on earth I was going to turn it into a Chewbacca costume, she changed her mind.

At dinner tonight, she changed her mind back to Chewbacca. Too bad the Leia costume is already made!

It's killing me not to share how darling they are in their costumes, so I'll share one Halloween sneak peek: 
Costumes for our whole family were inspired by the red light saber that GREAT Aunt Maggie sent. I love family costumes - I know one day Caleb and Daisy will be too cool to participate in family costumes, but until then? We're living it up.

After dinner, Chris gave the kids early baths so that we could all drink some warm apple cider and watch our beloved Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series. 
Spoiler: the Cards lost terribly.
Luckily, the children were all in bed long before that happened!

Tomorrow will be a busy day - we'll even have to put on real clothes, instead of our jammies!

No comments:

Post a Comment