October 1

Fall is finally here! Now that I no longer have seasonal allergies, I can freely declare fall to be my favorite season, and October my favorite month. (Once we started the GAPS diet - almost a year ago  now - Chris and I both noticed that our seasonal allergies disappeared completely. Even now that we're working our way off the diet, we still have no allergy symptoms. Crazy what cutting out wheat and sugar will do for your body!)

Today was a preschool day, so I loaded the kids in the BOB and walked up to the school. After we dropped Caleb off, I attempted to run home with the girls. I ended up running about half of the 1.5 miles home, but Daisy doesn't like it when I run. She yells, "NO! Don't go fast!" I tried to explain how good it is for my lungs and heart and muscles, but she wasn't buying it. Funny girl.

When it was time to go pick Caleb up from school, I found this:
Daisy, holding The Jesus Storybook Bible in her lap, singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her crying baby sister.
Sweetest. Thing. Ever.

As soon as we got home, I put Lily back in the swing and made the kids lunch. I turned around to find her - once again - sound asleep in the swing, despite the light, the noise, the general chaos that is Caleb and Daisy immediately before nap time... Oh well. At least the girl is napping somewhere. As I type this, she's sleeping in the swing again, making contented baby sighs.

After dinner (Daisy ate one bite, Caleb ate two), the kids rode their bikes outside. 
The balance bike is ready and waiting for Daisy, but she prefers her "three wheeler". 
See Caleb way off in the distance, riding his little bike? He's getting pretty good at it. This was one of the first times I've seen both children riding their bikes independently!

Meanwhile, Chris was tickling Lily with a blade of grass. He seemed more entertained by it than she was, but she wasn't complaining about it.

And zoom! They're off again!

Do you remember that nursery rhyme? The one that goes:
There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good,
she was very, very good.
But when she was bad,
she was horrid. 
Yep. That's Daisy. All the way down to the curl in the middle of her forehead!

When Lily grew tired of that blade of grass, she instructed Daddy to lift her closer to the trees. She wanted to inspect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment