October 19

Chris and Caleb lasted until 11:30 in the tent last night. Caleb probably would have stayed longer, but it was raining and cold and Chris wanted to come in. For Caleb, it was a dream come true - he got to snuggle with Daddy "all night long", just like he wants to every night.

I woke up at 6 this morning to change Lily's diaper, and stumbled into her (still curtain-less) room in the dark. The sun was just beginning to rise, and I glimpsed this out her window:
Six deer, bedded down for the night in our lawn. No wonder my vegetable garden looks so terrible!
I wonder if they still would have come and slept there if Chris and Caleb were still in the tent?

Then Lily and I went back to bed.

Later this morning, Caleb decided that he wanted to go see a cave. Sadly, there are no tour-able caves in our area (that I know of), so we had to find something similar to do. We ended up visiting a local conservation area for a "hike" on their paved trails.

It was so beautiful, and so much fun!

Also fun? Discovering that Daisy's coat from last winter, which I loved so much I bought at full price, still fits her this winter. I suppose it's one of the perks of having such a petite child!

Caleb insisted on using a "walking stick", and insisted on holding it like that. I insisted on taking pictures. 
Lily slept.

How cute are they, with their matching facial expressions?

I suppose in wetter weather, this is a pond. For Caleb and Daisy, it was a wooden railroad track.

Getting Caleb out to burn off energy in the fresh air seems to help with his whineyness of late.

Seriously.
How cute is this girl? She is such a stinker, and yet so sweet. She and Caleb spent a lot of time collecting "treasures" to be stuffed in Caleb's pockets.
(Note to self: empty Caleb's pockets.)

After we walked the 1/2 mile short loop, we headed home for lunch. While Chris put the big kids down for naps, I snapped some pictures of Lily, who is three months old today!

This silly baby-in-a-pumpkin picture is a family tradition. It started with Caleb, on his three-month birthday:
Ha! The leaf on his head was a nice touch.

Then it was Daisy's turn, on her five-month birthday: 
I'm pretty sure she was mocking me.

And now it's Lily's turn!
Funny, right?
Comparisons like this convince me that Lily is a perfect mix of Caleb and Daisy.

 More three-month pictures:
She's always so happy to be naked, so I took her diaper off for these pictures. Worked like a charm!

I know, the bow is absurd. But it's a darling sort of absurd, and the girl is rocking it!

This one may be one of my favorite Lily pictures so far.

Happy three month birthday, Lily!
She sees her doctor for the first time on Monday, so that should be fun. We'll have more detailed Lily stats then.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day you guys had. And Happy Birthday to Lily.
    Shirley Ferguson

    ReplyDelete