October 20

While the kids napped, I got back to work on Lily's curtains. The other day I made the blackout panels for it, and now it's time to start making ruffles. The only obstacle? My piece of fabric is huge. Massive. Impossible to work with while the children are awake, and still intimidating when they're asleep. 

But I tackled it today.
I asked Chris to take a picture of me working on it so that someday, when 11-year-old Lily wants to redecorate her room and get rid of these curtains, I can show her this picture and tell her, "No way. The curtains stay. I slaved over a hot stove ginormous piece of fabric to make these for you!"
Only the picture would be more effective if I were grimacing in agony, or focusing while sweat dripped down my brow. But still.

Another reason why I only get things accomplished when the children are asleep: 
Chris and I seem to breed snugglers. 
It's great, except when I want to accomplish something and all they want to do is snuggle or read a book.
Or when it's bedtime and Chris is trying to leave the room so he can wash dishes, and they want him to hold them "just a couple minutes longer!"
I know. Of all the problems to have. We have it rough, people.

Another example of our rough life: 
Sweet laughing baby.

She always giggles when we bend her feet up to touch her face.

It never gets old. 
I have at least ten identical pictures of this from this afternoon, but apparently it is physically impossible for me to delete a picture of my laughing baby.

Goodness. She is just perfect, isn't she? That smooth, creamy skin? Those juicy, plump cheeks? The sweet pink lips? I could just gobble her up!

And because I haven't posted a video on here for a while, here's video of the end of the laughing session:
It's pretty dull - just 30 seconds of Lily laughing while Chris puts her feet in her face. It does feature an original score, written by Caleb on his toy accordion. So there's that. I'm still figuring out the video feature on my camera, so it was good for me to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment