October 16

We had nothing scheduled today! I briefly contemplated taking the kids someplace fun this morning - maybe the zoo or the botanical garden - but I ended up deciding that we all really needed a lazy morning at home.

So we puttered around, ate breakfast, ate second breakfast, played in our jammies, did some crafts...

Lily was very happy with our morning. Have I mentioned how weird she is with mornings and eating? Girl will nurse through the night - midnight, 3 am, 6 am - and then go all morning without eating. She never really wants to eat until at least 11 am. It's so strange, but it does give me a bit more flexibility in the mornings.

While the kids napped in the afternoon, I got to work on one of my current projects: curtains for Lily's room. (Other ongoing projects include refinishing our Craigslist dining table, making Halloween costumes for the whole family, crafting a mobile and decor for Lily's room...)

I am in love with these curtains from Pottery Barn Kids. I have found several tutorials for how to make them, but given my list of other projects (not even including the ongoing project of raising three children!), I briefly contemplated buying them instead. Then I came back to reality, in which we are not the kind of people who can (or who are willing to!) pay $200, plus tax, plus shipping, for curtains for a baby's room. Not gonna happen. So I got myself to the fabric store, bought some fabric, and got to work.

When Chris came home, we all headed into Lily's room to watch him hang the curtain rod. 
Lily hung out in her crib, which is still a novelty for her.

At this point, I've made two panels of blackout fabric. Next up, ruffles. Approximately 18 of them. If things go well, I may even make a ruffled crib skirt. Once those curtains go up, the crib will go from novelty status to functional, and Lily will start napping in her own room. Hooray!

Boy, this girl is happy in her crib! She wiggled, kicked, smiled, cooed... I put a few books in the crib with her, and she reached out to touch the pictures.

Wheerrre's Lily? 
Peek-a-boo! 
Happy girl!

And then Daisy wanted to get in the crib with her sister. Since Daisy is still so small, I let her. 
Daisy was delighted.
Lily?

She may have been trying to escape!

No comments:

Post a Comment