August 8

I'm not going to lie; today was a crummy day.

Mostly, I was a crummy mommy today. I've had a headache for five days, and I just can't shake it; Lily kept me awake from 2am until nearly 4 am last night; this morning, all Lily wanted to do was fuss and nurse and be held, while her siblings competed for my attention; and to top things off, it was a gray, gloomy day. 

All of that combined to make me crabby, grouchy, and short-tempered. It was not my finest day, and I have a feeling that there will be some more days like this in the next few weeks while Chris is gone.

But there were some bright spots in the day.

We found some time to play outside, and discovered that my Sun Sweet cherry tomatoes are finally ripening! I mean, it's only mid-August, but whatever. Caleb will not eat cherry tomatoes indoors, but if he can pluck them off a plant? He'll gobble them up.
Daisy was not this happy about tomatoes. She did not like them at all. She was just happy to have her picture taken, for some odd reason. Funny girl. She is totally two.

Just like yesterday, this girl fussed and squawked and needed me all morning, then slept all afternoon. As in, I was able to make dinner without interruption, and she'd been sleeping since 1:00. Crazy. But she woke up right as dinner was ready, so of course she was starving, so I got to eat a cold dinner. The curse of mommyhood, right? But this vibrating rocker kept her really happy while I gobbled up that cold dinner!

And when I came out from putting Daisy to bed (lately, we've been dividing and conquering bedtime: Chris takes Lily with him while he puts Caleb down, and I put Daisy down), I found Chris reading, "Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?" to Lily. Can you tell how engrossed she was?
She's clearly a prodigy.
And my husband is clearly a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment