August 12

Operation: Single Mom
Day 2

So far, this whole thing has been more like a vacation than a single-mom thing. I kind of like it! My mom stayed with us last night, got up with the kids today so that I could sleep in, and left when Chris' aunt Maggie arrived today. Maggie entertained the children all day, made us dinner, read to the kids, and left when  my mom showed up to hold Lily while I put the big kids to bed. And now all of the children are asleep and Mom and I are eating gluten-free cupcakes from Trader Joe's that are remarkably delicious.
I call that a win.
So. 12 more days to go. I'm sure they'll all be this easy, right?
Lily keeps smiling at my mom, and I only manage to capture hints of it. But the girl is definitely interacting with Grandma, and is absolutely entertained by her. It's pretty cute.

Maggie is also wildly entertaining. My guess is that while Maggie's arms were full of Lily, Caleb and Daisy snuck up and bombarded her with all of the toys. Maggie is a good sport.

And then reading time. Reading time = happy kiddos.

Sleeping kiddos = happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment