August 19

Lily is one month old today!
I was really pleased that I actually remembered to set aside time to take pictures of her. I'm not particularly happy with how the pictures turned out, but with two other children to care for (both of whom took crummy naps today) and an out-of-town husband, I suppose I should be happy that I took any pictures at all.

Lily is quite large, at least compared to Caleb and Daisy. My home scale says that at one month old, she's 9 pounds, 10 ounces.

She has just started looking at toys and faces, and will track my camera lens back and forth. Today, she looked right at me and gave me a big grin several times - though of course, none of them were for the camera!

(I should have had better timing for our photo shoot. The poor girl was exhausted!)
She loves being swaddled, and sleeps so much better that way. For a while I was trying to only swaddle her at night, but then I realized that she'll sleep for 4 or 5 hours straight in the afternoon if I swaddle her. That one was a no-brainer!

Sweet baby toes! Love it!

Caleb and Daisy took short naps today, but Lily was in the midst of her long afternoon nap. That meant the big kids and I were able to have some outdoor time. Summer is finally creeping back up on us after some really cool weather, so we got out a sprinkler I found a week or two ago. 
Normally Daisy hates sprinklers, but she wasn't afraid of this one!

OK, she was mildly afraid of it. But not too much.

Funny girl!

Then Lily woke up, and Caleb and Daisy rushed in to see their girl. Daisy climbed up on my bed and declared, "I hol' my baby sisser!"

I'm pretty glad I obeyed. It was a priceless moment.

Seriously; how sweet are they?

I hope that Caleb and Daisy continue to adore their baby this much as they all grow older. It is so sweet!

And one last one-month picture: 

No comments:

Post a Comment