August 11

Chris left this morning. Day 1 of 14, down.

I managed to single-handedly get the kids out the door and to church at a reasonable time, and we managed the day quite well. I have already discovered that the major difference in life without Chris is that it's not as fun. I can manage to get everything done that needs to be done - kids are fed, clean, in bed on time - but the fun just doesn't happen.

However, sleep and snuggles do happen. Here are some cell phone pics of both:
Sweet snoozing Lily! The dress she wore to church today was Daisy's first, and it was so fun to see her in it.
Also, look at how chubby her arms are getting!

When the kids all woke up from their afternoon naps, Daisy was absolutely interested in holding her sister.
It was pretty sweet.

Then my mom came over to make everything evening-related easier. She's dozing on the couch right now. I've got a good mom. 
Lily was sound asleep in Mom's arm, which was really cute and funny.

And oh, how Caleb and Daisy love having Grandma here!
But we really miss Daddy. Hopefully tomorrow goes well and my grip on things keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment