August 15

I know this blog is supposed to be all about Lily, but Daisy was ridiculously cute this morning while Caleb was at school and Lily was napping, and I took way too many pictures.

I sat on the deck and attempted to write thank-you notes while my mom did yard work (man, she's good to have around! I might just keep her...) and Daisy played. Then Daisy asked me to "bask" the "basking chair". It took me a while to realize that she wanted me to recline the lounge chair on the deck that we use for "basking in the sunshine". Funny girl.

Grandma managed to get a clip in Daisy's hair to keep it out of her eyes. I think it looks pretty cute!

This is Daisy's "No More Pictures, I am a Stinker" face.
*sigh*
Even cute when she's being obstinate. I think that will work well for her in the future.

And then Mom and I found her swinging happily, all by her self. Something about those bare little feet just kills me!

*sigh*
Love this girl.

Are you getting sick of Daisy pictures yet?

We picked Caleb up from Day #2 of preschool - another great day. Again, his favorite part of school was singing the "Bear Hunt" song. I'm picking up a copy of the CD from the library tomorrow.
When we got home, he and Daisy discovered a big empty box and decided they were going to play "Bear Hunt".



Seeing my children play in a box reassures me that we're raising them right.

And then of course there's sweet Lily.
She was a bit high-maintenance this afternoon - she needed to be held or snuggled or nursed almost all of the time. I could set her down for fifteen-minute stretches, but that was about it. I was very thankful to be able to wear her in my wrap.

I was extra thankful that a friend from church brought us dinner tonight, so that I didn't have to cook with a clingy baby.
And I was especially thankful for my mom, who returned around dinner time to take that sweet baby off my chest.

Lily is really soaking up this Grandma time!

Sweet girl.
Did I mention I moved her out of the newborn clothes and into 0-3 month? She's so much bigger than the other two were!

One last photo. Caleb took this one with my big camera. Pretty impressive, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment