August 22

It doesn't matter what we did today, because you need to understand this:
My children ate condiments for dinner.
Nothing else. Just condiments.

I prepared a lovely meal for them: chicken fajita meat, refried beans, Mexican rice, sauteed bell peppers and onions... The last time we ate this meal, Caleb declared, "I like this! We should eat it every day!"

Tonight, he ate the sour cream and shredded cheese. Nothing else.
Daisy did likewise.

I spent two hours trying to get Lily to nap this afternoon.
I put Daisy to bed an hour and fifteen minutes ago, and I think she just stopped crying/singing/screaming/talking.

It's been that kind of a day.
Thankfully, my mom is here right now, holding Lily. If Lily is held, she will stay asleep. If Lily is asleep, I don't have to nurse her. If Lily is asleep, she is not screaming. If Lily is asleep, I can do things like clean the kitchen and write the blog and tend to my other daughter who has been crying/singing/screaming/talking for the past hour and fifteen minutes.

I need a margarita and a good cry.

But my husband is coming home tomorrow!

Mom put Lily down on her play mat, and the girl was so happy! She kept staring at her ball and reaching for it, and she's really fond of her little duck toy. (If only I could keep Caleb from playing there and taking all of the toys and rings off!)

I confess:
I put the children in their jammies at 5:45 tonight. I thought about putting them to bed then, but that just seemed selfish. Instead, they went to bed at 8:00, like usual. 
Lily and Caleb had jammie snuggle time on his bed. He loves her so much, and I love how she's looking at him in this picture!

Then Daisy climbed up on Caleb's bed, announcing, "Family snuggle time!"
This was probably the only moment all evening that all three of them were happy at once.
But tomorrow is a new day, and Chris will be home. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! that last picture! So precious. It's like every other day I make a new photo my computer background.
    :)

    ReplyDelete