August 28

Daisy chose Lily's outfit today.
She chose the tie-dye onesie, then the pink pants. She held them up and said, "Here! These pink pants. They have pretty bow on them!"
And they matched perfectly.

Lily is becoming so much more expressive! Yes, newborns are snuggly and sweet, but they're so... boring. And demanding. It's funny how a simple smile from a baby can be so rewarding. And now, Lily does a lot of this:

I tell you, I feel like the king of the world when she looks up at me, wrinkles up her nose, and breaks out a big, gummy smile. 
And then, if I smile and make silly noises at her for long enough, she'll reward me with a sweet little, "Ah-goo. Gah. Ahhhhgh."
And it is the cutest. thing. EVER.
No baby in the history of the world has ever been as cute and engaging as mine.

What is it about babies that does this to us? It's delightful, and absolutely necessary. Because as I type this, I have been trying to get Lily to sleep for three hours. That's right; THREE HOURS. To be fair, she's slept for maybe half of it. But she'll sleep for thirty minutes, then wake up but not want to be awake. So I have to spend another thirty minutes snuggling and nursing her to get her to sleep... for fifteen minutes. And then I invest another forty-five minutes of my life until she's finally asleep. This time, I know it's for real. And thirty minutes later, I hear her squawks coming down the hall. And so I go back in and nurse her some more.
Seriously, this child should be about to burst from all of the milk she's consumed tonight.
When my frustration levels reach their peak, that sweet baby smile is my reward. Because seriously, this girl thinks I'm the best mom ever.

But back to today. 
After everyone woke up from afternoon  naps, we had playtime on the bed. Somehow, Caleb and Daisy ended up wearing headbands. Isn't Daisy sweet? She was actually being a stinker when I took this shot - she was refusing to let me take her picture. Luckily, I have ninja photography skills. 

Caleb put a flower headband on his head, and wouldn't give it up for anything. He loved his flower headband.

Then he wanted a turn with the camera. 
Sorry about the view up my nostrils, but other than that it's kind of fun!

Now, to get this baby to sleep. For real this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment