August 26

This afternoon it was hot, hot, HOT, and I had some stir-crazy kids. I did what any sane mother would do: I got out the hose and filled up the kiddie pool.

Caleb finally discovered what his foam water cannon can do; all this time, he's thought it was just for blowing air. I sense trouble in the future!

Daisy spent her pool time watering the pool with her watering can.

 And Lily? She was delighted to watch her brother and sister play and splash. Then she got hot, and the fun was over.

Tonight, before bedtime, Chris and I did some furniture moving. 
Yep. That's a big girl bed in Daisy's room!
It's our old queen-sized bed, so it takes up most of the room. For now, the crib is still in there, and Daisy is still sleeping in the crib. But I thought that it would be good for her to get used to the idea of a big girl bed by seeing it in her room and playing on it. (Plus, we can't get the crib out of the room without disassembling it, and I don't want to go to all of that effort and then have her freak out. We're in no hurry to get Lily into the crib, so we'll take our time.) Clearly, Daisy is pleased with the abstract concept of a big girl bed. We'll see how long it takes before she's comfortable with the reality of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment