August 4

Today we had my family over to celebrate my sister Jenny's 31st birthday. I always love August through December, because then my sisters and I are all a year apart in age; for the next five months, we will be 31, 32, and 33 years old. I'm really not sure how my poor mother survived our toddler years, but it is a novel thing to be so close in age.

I love this picture of Jenny because it's so typically her.

Ryan entertained the little ones, as he often does.
(I didn't notice until just now, as I was reviewing these photos, that someone allowed Caleb to play out in the yard wearing only his brand-new Awesome Socks. Hmm...

I told Jenny that I wanted a picture of her with Lily, and Jenny asked Daisy to join the shot, too. She said she wanted a photo with her "flower girls". I like it!

Lily wore her tie-dye in honor of her hippie auntie. I love how colorful these two are!

I'm pretty sure Lily either already loves her aunt, or she is totally confused by her.

Daisy, mid-sentence, at the top of her slide. This girl was chatty, chatty, chatty today!

For someone with no babies of her own yet, Jenny is a natural with itty-bitty ones!

Our first family photo featuring Lily and Jace! I can't believe my parents are now grandparents of six children!

This shot is much more reflective of our family.

Billy and Emily with sweet little Jace. He turns two weeks old tomorrow!

Emily and her family. Aren't they cute?

Happy Birthday, Jenny!
(I totally gave Caleb and Daisy bean cupcakes with a little bit of icing on top, instead of this cake. Caleb was a bit upset at first, but when I promised him two cupcakes, he was quickly appeased.)

And sometime after dinner and birthday cake, while Emily and I were on the couch together, nursing our babies, this happened. All I know is that it involved Grandpa wearing a child-sized Spider Man mask, Max in a padded Superman suit, giant tree branches, and lots of yelling and fun. Who knows.

And now it is way too late, so I should go to bed. Chris returns to work full time tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. I love your family photo - I know that lady holding Daisy - she's sooo nice.:-)
    Shirley


    ReplyDelete