August 21

Somehow I managed to get through most of the day without taking any pictures. It wasn't a busy day, but it was full. I made a yummy breakfast, Mom and I took the kids shopping, naps (for everyone except me!), then a nap for me just as the kids woke up (gosh, I'm lucky to have my mom here!), then dinner at my friend Sara's house, then baths and bed. 
See? Not busy, but full.

Sadly, all I have for the day are a few cell phone pictures.

Sara will probably hate me for posting an unapproved photo of her, but I think it's sweet. Lily was so content snuggling with Sara (who, I'm sure you remember, was the one who took all of the beautiful pictures of Lily's birth) that I couldn't resist a photo.

Of course, Carter, Sara's 8-year-old, gave her some bunny ears. Gotta love 8-year-olds!
(Daisy sure did; she was gaga for Carter!)

Lily was so happy at Sara's house! I think all of the commotion and fun of the kids playing kept her entertained.

And then, bedtime.
Caleb and Daisy got to bed late, and once her belly was full, this girl drifted peacefully off to sleep. Apparently the key to fuss-free evenings for Lily is my undivided attention. As long as I don't try to set her down, and am able to hold and nurse her whenever she wants, she's a happy girl. But woe to the woman who tries to set her down!

No comments:

Post a Comment