August 31

My children were funny today.

We went for a spectacularly sweaty run, and then Daisy promptly fell asleep. While she napped in her crib, I made a desperate attempt to buy myself five minutes to shower. I found a little step-stool, and placed it at the foot of my bed.

I lucked out, and  it worked. Between the novelty of using a stool to climb up on the bed, and the toys I had placed on top of the bed, Caleb was fully engaged and didn't even notice the fact that I disappeared to bathe. In hindsight, I realize this probably wasn't the smartest option for unsupervised play, but Caleb is an abnormally cautious little boy, so I never have to fear random acts of foolishness on his part.

He was happy as a clam up on our bed.

BIIIG boy!

He found a little hair clip of Daisy's (she doesn't have quite enough hair to wear it yet), and alternated between wanting to wear it in his hair, and pretending it was a nail clipper and "clipping" my finger and toe nails.

Then this girl woke up, and snuggle time on the big bed began. Caleb even made up a little song; it went, "Sungle, sungle, sungle, sungle, sungle."

He's not quite a lyricist yet.
("Sungle" is how he says "snuggle")

Then he smothered his sister in kisses.

and attempted to blind himself with the book light I use for middle-of-the-night feedings.

Typing this post has exhausted me - all of these photos were taken within a 15-minute period. Caleb is all action, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment