August 30

Another beautiful day.
After breakfast, Caleb wanted desperately to play outside. I wasn't quite ready to go out, so I let him play on the patio by himself. Maybe fifteen minutes later, figuring he would be about ready for a snack, I placed a cup of Cheerios and some water on the steps. Then I savored a moment to myself, and indulged in a little Facebook time.

I'm not sure if it was the snack, or the sound of this video by Tripping Lily

wafting out the screen door, but a few minutes later, I looked down to see this:

Caleb had snuck up on me, and was sitting on the top step, quietly eating his snack and listening to the music. He stayed there until the song was over, then cried, "Listen to it a-gain! Listen to it a-gain!"

I guess he's a Tripping Lily fan, too. (Thanks for introducing us to such a fun band, Amber!)

When Daisy woke up from her morning nap, we went on a run. The kiddos were clearly thrilled to be off on a three-miler. Or not.

(Side note: running with the kids in the stroller is hard. I have no idea how I would do it if I didn't have a stroller as fantastic as my BOB. Thanks so much to my friends and family who made my BOB dreams a reality!)

Later, Daisy helped me make dinner.
"Wait, I have to help? Can't I just sit here and look cute?"

"See? I can be cute."

And then a big pirate grin when I told her that she didn't really have to help with dinner.

Maybe she should learn to walk first.

No comments:

Post a Comment