August 3

Tonight is a late night; Chris and I both needed to run, and Daisy is really making us work for our money tonight. Someday she'll have a predictable routine. That time just doesn't appear to be now. Nighttime has been pretty rough lately (fussy evenings, waking to nurse three times in the night... she's been very high-maintenance.), so I'm hoping some developmental milestone is to blame. I hope it's that, and not that she's just decided to be a jerk all of a sudden. That would be rough.

She looks so peaceful in this picture from last night. But don't let that tricky little girl fool you! It took lots of bouncing and shushing and nursing and rocking and swaying to get her to that point. And she didn't stay there long!
(Her gown is from my new infant-evening wear line, Swaddle Chic. I would have a runway show of all of my styles, but since my target audience and models can't walk, I'll have to market the line solely through a print campaign. Kidding. It's not actually an evening gown - it's been so hot lately that we've been swaddling her in just a diaper. Really.)

Today, Caleb worked on stretching out his muscles with my foam roller.

At the same time, Daisy did some exercises on her playgym. I love that she now watches Caleb's every move. Her eyes follow him all around the room, and she smiles and laughs at what he does. Daisy definitely adores her big brother.

Caleb loves Daisy, too. This is him hugging her.

After Caleb's nap today, I laid Daisy on his bed. He climbed up, laid on top of her, and squeezed her. Then he got off the bed and said, "That was a good hug."
Then he did it again.
And again.
He just kept hugging his sister. For five minutes straight, Caleb would climb up, hug her, slide down, congratulate himself on the hug, and then climb up again. It was really sweet and funny.

Now I'm off to bed. Maybe Daisy will let me sleep tonight. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment