August 16

This morning, we joined my mom and her friend Mary for a coffee date. After coffee and muffins, the kiddos and I spent a few minutes at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Caleb immediately found the toys. He was so excited to play with Max's tricycle!

Grandma helped him first, until he got the hang of it.

Then Grandpa pushed him along.
(Caleb almost had Grandpa convinced to let him ride the tricycle down the hill in the road. Luckily, more feminine minds prevailed.)

Finally, Caleb was able to do it all by himself! What a big boy! If only he had a helmet...
(I was really thinking that the whole time. I know. I'm a huge geek.)

While Caleb played in the driveway, Daisy napped contentedly in the car, with all of the windows open. Yes, my friends, it was lovely enough this August morning that I was able to let my baby nap in her carseat IN THE CAR with no fear of her baking! What a beautiful day it was!

Somehow my camera missed Daisy until bedtime.
This is her, in her jammies, lying on Caleb's bed.
She is watching her naked brother run back and forth like a madman.

And then she looked at me and promised that she would never be as insane as her big brother.

And I almost believed her.


No comments:

Post a Comment