August 28

It was a beautiful day today, so we siezed the opportunity to visit our neighborhood pool one more time before it closes for the season. (I know. Is it really that late? Is Labor Day really next weekend? Where did the summer go? On the other hand, thank God this blasted heat will start tapering off soon!)

Caleb was excited to watch some boys play football in the field  next to the pool.

Since Daisy is too young for sunscreen, this is how we do the pool:
Water Wrap with built in SPF
Sun hat
Lots of snuggles

Daisy and I both really enjoy pool visits with her in the wrap, but I'm looking forward to being able to let her float and splash in the water next summer. (She'll be a year old then! Oh my goodness! That's insane!)

By the time adult swim rolled around (it's a 10-minute break at the end of each hour when no guards are on duty, so kids have to get out of the pool), some gloomy clouds had rolled around too, and it got a little chilly. Caleb reeeaaalllly wanted to get back in the water, but he was patient.

The reward for his patience? 
Going down the slide with Daddy!

The boys also did some splashing and swimming.

(Amber: How do I get pictures of my kids at a public pool? Easy. It's a 1:1 ratio, and the child I'm responsible for is immobile and strapped to my chest. Talk to me again a few summers from now when I have more kids who are all mobile. If I'm able to talk at all, that is. By then I may be too frazzled and harried to string a coherent sentence together.)

Finally it was time to go home for dinner. Since I'm a great mom, I neglected to bring any dry clothes for Caleb. I did, however, remember to bring a dry diaper, but it didn't do much to stop Caleb's teeth from chattering. (Mom of the Year.) Chris put his shirt on Caleb, but Caleb hated that idea.

In the end, this is how my boys left the pool. And Caleb survived.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment