April 9

I feel like our days are just getting busier and busier, and I don't like it. Today was a perfect example. I snuck out of bed at 6:30 to get ready to supervise the ACT. I left at 7, and was gone until nearly 2:00. 

I got home in time to nurse Eli while Chris read to the girls before naps. Eli and I tried out our carry of the day while I made a grocery list.
Robin's Hip Carry doesn't do much for me. I prefer my ring sling.

I put Eli down, and he was unhappy until Chris came into the room and began tossing him about. Daddies are good for things like that, and Eli loved it.




Don't worry, Mom. No babies were harmed in the making of these pictures. 

"Now YOU do it, Mommy!"
Or, more likely, "MUH!" which is Eli talk for "MILK!" He usually says it as he tries to unlatch my nursing bra himself. Funny boy knows what he wants, especially when I am gone all day!


I was hoping to go grocery shopping, but there definitely wasn't enough time. Instead, Caleb and I did Training Run #11. 
It was not a great run, but we did it. He asked me when he was getting his shoes, and then I had to explain how absurdly busy we are right now and that there is literally no time to get him shoes. Poor kid. It's a good thing he's so patient as he waits for his reward!

We got home just as Daisy woke up from her nap, so I snuggled her on the couch for a bit. She was cute and hilarious, and I wanted so badly to photograph or video her, but she wouldn't allow it.

She did allow this selfie, though. Unfortunately, it in no way captures how sweet and soft and rosy and warm she is when she first wakes up from a nap. I know that as she approaches 5 years old, her napping days are numbered, so I'm trying to remember all of the sweetness about napping Daisy right now.

While Daisy and I snuggled, Chris loaded up his car with camping supplies. It was Boy Scout Family Camp tonight, and he decided to take both Caleb and Daisy, leaving me home with only two children. Crazy! The little ones and I ended up going out to dinner with my mom and sister, and while we were out Chris sent me these pictures:

I picked those chairs up for the kids last night, and they were really excited about them. Also, it is really too cold out to be camping. I think it will get close to freezing tonight, so I hope things go well for Chris and the kids. His plan is to snuggle up together in one sleeping bag, all night long.

Little explorers!

Caleb playing baseball stickball? with his friends.

I know the little ones and I will be fine; I hope Chris and the big kids do okay tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment