April 8

The Homeschool Expo continued today, and thanks to my fabulous mom, I was able to spend most of the day listening to some encouraging speakers, perusing awesome materials, and laughing at inappropriate times with my dear friend Jill. There may also have been a margarita at lunch. It was just what I needed.

Of course, I don't have pictures of any of that.

I do have a picture of today's carry:
This is just a rebozo carry with a slip knot - a simple carry that I hardly ever use. I should try it more!

It was pizza and movie night, and I seriously contemplated skipping the training run that Caleb and I had scheduled. But skipping a run is a slippery slope that ends in a heap of donuts and sweatpants, so after we finished our movie, Caleb and I did our run.

Training Run #10: done!
He has earned new running shoes, so now I have to find time to take him to get fitted and choose a pair.

When I told Caleb I wanted to take our post-run selfie, he ran to the chalk bucket, because he had an idea. A few seconds later, he had drawn planets and a rocket on the driveway, and he positioned us just below them.

I love a kid with a vision.

Mostly, though, I just love this kid. He's pretty special, and I love the time we get together because of these training runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment