April 22

I'm still playing catch-up here. 

We had our once-monthly gymnastics class today, which was exciting. This month, they added a new feature: a toddler area! I eagerly paid for Lily to participate, because she is so ready for gymnastics. When she turns 3, she will be all about it! I wasn't so sure about Eli; I mean, he can't even walk yet! They let me bring him in for free, though, so I was happy.
After today, I will gladly pay for him to participate, too. He loved it!

His very favorite part was the parallel bars. The teacher put a mat under them so that he could stand and hold on, but I didn't think he would be able to do anything. 

I was so wrong

Apparently the kid has a really strong grip, and he was able to hold on and hang from the bars. Then I tried putting his feet up on the other bar, and he thought it was the funniest thing ever! He giggled and giggled, and it was just the sweetest moment. Happily, my friend Amber was there and had her camera at the ready, and she was able to capture these images of Eli playing on the parallel bars:
I have no explanation for my hair. But look at the happy baby playing on the parallel bars!

This was when he really started laughing, and it was so cute! Also, you can see Amber's youngest in the foreground. She is only two months older than Eli, but so wildly different from him when it comes to gross motor skills. Isn't it funny how all babies are so different?

Happy Eli, working those bars like a pro.

Seriously: he was strong enough to hang there on his own. I had no idea. This kid is full of surprises! And look at how happy he is!

Thank you so much for the pictures, Amber!

Then we headed home for lunch, naps, and some school.
When we started homeschooling Caleb, I paid for a membership to Starfall. I quickly realized that it wasn't really appropriate for Caleb; while they do offer first-grade level resources and he used it in his first grade classroom, it wasn't at all challenging for him. I was disappointed, until I realized that Daisy was totally ready for it. Now she is obsessed with playing Starfall, and I have to limit her time each day. Eli also likes to watch Daisy play Starfall. He also likes to press keyboard buttons and mess things up. Luckily, I have ancient keyboard that we modified to use as a toy for Caleb years ago. I put that up on the desk for Eli, and he was quite happy!

Then somehow it was dinner time, so up Eli went so I could get dinner prepared.
Today's carry was Double Rebozo Shoulder to Shoulder. All I can tell you from this photo is that I love my new wrap. I just think the color and the pattern is so beautiful. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment