April 20

Oh, Eli.
It's a good thing you're so cute and sweet 75% of the time, because the other 25%...
Yep. He has learned how to climb up onto our kitchen bench, and now nothing is safe - not even Lily's abandoned breakfast cereal, which had turned into mush in her bowl.

Apparently Eli takes after his Daddy, and can't stand to see food go to waste.

Or maybe he's just a stinker.

Or maybe his Mommy doesn't supervise him well enough.

Or maybe he is a perfect little almost-fifteen-month-old, who is curious about his surroundings and learning new things every day.

I'll go with the last option.

And really, I was glad to see the cereal get eaten, too.

Luckily, he didn't get any of it on his jammies. Just all over his face. Later, this happened:
Eli wants to climb up onto every chair now, and be anywhere other people are. Lily was reading in his chair, and he had to be there, too.

 The carry of the day was Shepherd's Carry.
I did a mediocre job with it, but I liked it enough that I think I'll try it again, with a different wrap. This one is just so thick that it's challenging to work with.

Chris stopped by the store for me and got home late, and I got dinner started late because I was chatting with Grace and Gayle. We were just sitting down to eat a late dinner at 5:45 when my phone chimed at me: Caleb had swim lessons at 6:20, and to make it on time we had to leave the house by 6:05 at the very latest. 
Whoops!
Luckily, it was taco night, and most of us ate our dinner quickly. (The lone exception was someone who is working to get rid of her daily nap before her fifth birthday, and who has been particularly grouchy during the afternoon and evening lately.) We managed to get to the Y just in time, and Caleb enjoyed his swim lesson while Chris played with the little ones and I worked out. 

I finished my workout and joined my family at the pool and saw this:
Eli was proudly practicing his walking! I didn't get a picture of it, but he was even walking holding on to just one of Chris' hands. Some days I wonder if he will ever walk, but clearly he is making progress.

In due time, Little Man. You will walk on your own in due time.

Yay, Eli!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! His happy little face with cereal all over it makes it not matter! (Ok I guess I wasn't there to clean it up) LOL

    ReplyDelete