April 15

Today is Chris' sister Grace's birthday, and the kids are totally excited about it. She arrived in town for a visit last night, and while we haven't seen her yet, the kids know they'll get to see her soon. They made her birthday cards yesterday, and this morning they sent her this video:

I love how Caleb leads the whole thing, and at the very end Eli starts clapping. These kids are so sweet in the morning! Their favorite thing is to snuggle in our big bed.

Meanwhile, Lily did this:

She found some of my fancy bracelets and decided they were earrings, and was so proud of herself.
(No, she doesn't have a beard. That is blueberry oatmeal smeared all over her face, and probably all over our crisp white sheets.)

And then, Eli did this:

He crawled to the edge of the bed  and reached desperately for something on the dresser, the whole time making a "K" sound. (How do you type that sound? You know, "K says 'kuh'"? If I write he was saying "kuh! Kuh!" would that make sense?)
I finally realized that Chris' van key was on the dresser, and Eli wanted it. He was trying to say "key'!!

Then it was time to get ready for a playdate with Jill and her girls. We met at the Butterfly House, and Jill reminded me that it was just under a year ago that we last visited there together.

You know I love a good series, so here is today:
(Lydia was not willing to be in a picture; she wanted Mama and crawled off.)

And this is June 5, 2015:
Lydia and Eli were both too little to be safely held by the bigger kids. Isn't it funny how much changes in a year?

Lily loved being with Jill and her girls, and at one point I found her walking around, holding Jill's hand. After we left the butterfly conservatory, we went to the gardens outside. Lily and Naomi were so sweet together!

They hugged, hunted for frogs, and explored together.

Several times, Jill and I looked up to see them holding hands as they walked along the path, and one time I heard Lily ask Naomi, "Can I hold yours hand?" 
There is something especially sweet when your child becomes friends with the child of your friend. I love watching these two grow up together!

After the butterflies, Jill and her girls had to head home. We didn't, though, and spent a while playing on the playground in the sunshine.
They recently installed this buddy swing on the playground, and all of the kids wanted to have a turn swinging Eli.

He certainly didn't mind all of the attention!

After lunch, the little three were all exhausted and went down for great naps. Finally, Caleb and I got to school.

He did his spelling on the front porch, and it made me so happy  to see my sweet boy, doing his work in the sunshine. Homeschooling isn't all sunshine and roses, but it has definitely been a good choice for us during this season.

When everyone woke up, Caleb really wanted to take me to his hideout in the woods behind our house. He had been asking all day, so I wrapped Eli up on my back and we headed off. Babywearing for the win!

Thankfully, Day 15 of my 30-Day wrapping challenge was a basic ruck carry, which is one of my go-to carries. No big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment