April 17

It was another busy day, and I didn't reach for my camera like I should have.

Here's one picture I did take, though:
We were getting ready to go to church, and the kids needed to brush their teeth. Shockingly (not!), they were dawdling. Sweet Lily came running out of the bathroom with Caleb and Daisy's toothbrushes. She ran all the way to the kitchen and proudly presented her brother and sister with their toothbrushes. I love this girl.

Also today, I wrapped with my new wrap for the first time.
I. Love. It.
Isn't it lovely? Isn't it so me?

I know this one is  blurry, but even the middle marker (or "Mein Mittel Punkt", as Didymos wraps say) was perfectly centered on my first carry. It's a sign that the wrap was a good choice.

And then Lily came up to me, shouting, "Mommy! Mommy! I colored you!"
You guys. It was her first representational drawing! Up until today, she has only ever scribbled before. Today was the first time that she actually drew something. It's one of those funny milestones that the parenting books don't prepare you for, but it's a huge deal. 

So I took a video of her telling me about her drawing.
I mean, it looks exactly like me. She even gave me green eyes! (My  eyes are actually dark brown, but whatev.) Great job, Lily Lu! It's a masterpiece!

1 comment:

  1. aaah So cute! Just so funny the way she describes and she is so happy with the drawing! Yay Lily!

    ReplyDelete