April 3

How on earth is it April 3? I have no idea. 

Today was a lovely, full day. We did church and Costco in the morning, followed by a quick lunch and naps for the little ones. 
 
Day three of my 30 days of wraps challenge: Front Cross Carry in my size 5 Girasol Northern Lights at Costco. Not my best wrap job, and not my favorite carry.

As soon as I got Eli down, Caleb and I headed out for our training run. (#6, if you're keeping track. 4 more training runs and he gets special running shoes.)
It was sunny and nearly 80 degrees, which made it officially Caleb's hottest run ever. Still, he was full of energy and we finished our run 25 seconds faster than last time. Hooray!

We got home to find Chris preparing to assemble some of the items we purchased at Ikea yesterday. I changed clothes to head to the grocery store... and then Eli woke up. It was a much-too-short nap, and he wasn't ready to be awake. I went in and tried to get him back to sleep, but he only wanted to sleep in my arms. Chris obviously couldn't get any furniture assembly done with Eli crawling around, so I took him shopping with me.

 I wrapped him on my back, and he was a happy little helper. The produce section was his favorite, and he pointed at every apple, orange, onion, potato, and tomato and shouted, "Ball! Ball! BALL!" When we finished and I tried to buckle him into his car seat, he was completely uncooperative. Someone apparently taught him the "stiff as a board" trick. 
Luckily, this isn't my first time at this rodeo. I pulled out a newly purchased banana.
Mommy: 1
Eli: 0

After we finished our shopping, Eli finally got to "help" Daddy assemble the furniture.

This might be one of my favorite pictures of these two together. Chris is helping Eli hammer dowels in, and Eli is absolutely in love with the whole thing. The hammering, the helping, Daddy...

I wish you could see Eli's whole face, but you can tell from just the half that he is delighted.

Hammer, hammer, hammer with his wooden hammer! Good job, Eli!

1 comment:

  1. oh love the newly added photos. Eli with the banana is adorable!!!! His smile??? **dead**

    ReplyDelete