April 16

Today was so full, I can barely catch my breath. 
Chris woke up at dawn to go rollerblading around the lake.
He was home right around the time the kids woke up, and they all went to get bagels for breakfast.
I got Caleb ready and took him to swim lessons. While he swam, I worked out. I finished early and went down to watch the last ten minutes of his lesson, but he wasn't there. I panicked. Then he came up with a lifeguard, who explained that he had a bloody nose and they had just paged me. Poor kid.
Then we hopped in the car and headed to the running store for Caleb's long-awaited running shoes. They didn't carry his size.
Off to another store, where we found his very first pair of real running shoes.
Then to Target, because it was close. I had a Starbucks gift card, so I told my boy he could choose anything he wanted. I thought for sure he would get a cake pop, but he chose a croissant. Why? He had never had one before, and he was curious. He loved it.
Home for lunch. We just missed a mama who came by to pick up some of my frozen breast milk for her baby. Eli doesn't take bottles well, so I decided to share the bulk of what I have left before it went bad.
Also while we were gone, my new wrap arrived! It was a journey trying to even find this wrap, and I was thrilled that it was finally here. 
Ate lunch, washed the new wrap, hung it to dry in the sun.
Put Eli down for his nap, Chris put Lily down for hers.
Chris took Caleb to find a new baseball glove and batting helmet, and then to do his training run, and Daisy and I were left to our own devices. We tidied, worked on projects, and finally we started the work of breaking in the new wrap.

Isn't Daisy beautiful? Isn't my new wrap beautiful? Aren't you wondering what we're doing?

Here's the process we used today:
Step 1: hot wash.
Step 2: steam iron.
Step 3: ring sling swing.

We used sling rings and the swing carabiners to make a hammock-type swing out of the new wrap. Daisy thought it was so much fun!

Then I washed and dried it again. It is a cotton/hemp blend, and brand-new, so it will require a fair bit of abuse before it is soft and floppy. I've been told, though, that once it is broken in, it is The One Wrap to Defeat all Wraps. I'm looking forward to it.

The boys ran 3.6 miles today, and came back in time to play catch outside for a little bit before dinner. After dinner, Caleb put on his baseball uniform for his very first baseball game!

Oh my goodness. Isn't he sweet? He told me this week that he was nervous about running the bases and not knowing what to do. We talked a lot about being a rookie, and that everyone has a rookie season.

Chris' whole family came to Caleb's game, including Grace, in from Texas, and Sally, in from Kansas City. My parents also came, and Caleb was so proud to have such a huge cheering squad!

I love this picture of Daisy chatting with her aunties. She was a handful tonight, but since I only had to worry about three children, and there were 6 family members present, I ended up getting to relax while everyone else entertained her.

Pre-game pep talk. Caleb is number 9, with the bright orange cleats.

Pre-game huddle.

Eli soaked up Grandma snuggles.

Daisy was a monkey on Grandad's back. I think he liked it.

My boys.

Caleb's first-ever at bat!

I love this picture. He is so focused and determined!

And he got on base! Look at how excited he is!

Running home!

It's his first-ever run! Way to go, Caleb!

Still beaming, even in the dugout. I love my boy.

Eli was afraid of Sally at first, but he quickly realized that she knows babies. They became fast friends.

Pointing at Caleb in the dugout.

Another at-bat.

Another hit! Way to go, Caleb! 

High fiving his coach at first base. She is the perfect coach for him, and she seems to totally get him. I'm so thankful Caleb is doing this! His team won their first game, and we celebrated with milkshakes and a tv show while I put Eli to bed. 

Also, I just emailed the caterpillar company about our caterpillars. 
I think they're not doing well.
Hopefully I hear back soon.


1 comment:

  1. There were so many beautiful pictures here I had to go back and read it again!

    ReplyDelete