April 10

I woke up this morning to find a video text from Chris of him and the kids snuggled up in their tent, all saying good morning to me. It was so sweet.
I also woke up to find poor Eli with streams of snot coming out of his nose. He has a miserable cold, and I knew that meant that we weren't going to church today. Instead, Eli, Lily, and I snuggled in bed together. Then we had a lazy breakfast and enjoyed lots of playtime before Chris and the big kids got home. 
We worked some on the built-in project in the kids' room, and Billy came over to help move some electrical outlets for that. 
I went grocery shopping.
Caleb and Daisy got to bed much too late last night, and woke up too early this morning, so I promised them that they could watch Sophia the First tonight if they took a nap, and they eagerly agreed. Unfortunately, Billy was working in their room during nap time, so they had to nap in my big bed. I had to sneak into my room to grab my shoes to go grocery shopping, and this is what I found:
There is something about sweaty curls and rosy cheeks on white cotton sheets that just melts my heart.

Or maybe it's the fact that it's a king sized bed, and they are choosing to sleep snuggled up like that.

Or maybe it's the fact that my nearly five year old and my six and a half year old took a nap that lasted over two hours. 

It doesn't matter; it just made my heart happy.

Eli, however, was a mess today. He only wanted to be held, and once Chris got home he only wanted to be held by Daddy. I think we may be entering into the phase where he prefers Chris over me, which I find both insulting and such a relief.

Still, I had to try out my new carry for the day, so up he went. 
We are failures at Robin's hip carry. I can't say I mind, because it is one of my least favorite carries. But still, I like to think that I am capable of pulling off any carry I set my mind to. This one, however, was a no-go. I was busy making dinner, though, so I didn't try too many times. And something tells me I wont' be attempting it again tomorrow. Robin's hip carry is not a winner for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment