October 7

Chris and I decided to take advantage of the bank holiday on Monday and head out of town! After I ran twelve miles, we popped the kids in the car and headed to visit GREAT Aunt Maggie, who lives an hour outside of Chicago. (Sorry to leave you hanging - Chris gets nervous if I broadcast our absence to the whole Internet, so I didn't make much mention of the trip on the blog. I hope you weren't worried!)

The kids did an okay-ish job on the drive; I think the next time we decide to drive six hours, it will either be at night, or we will have a travel DVD system.

We stopped for water and snacks about four hours into the trip, and found park where Caleb could run around a bit. He appreciated the exercise. Really, we all appreciated the exercise!

I got bored taking the same old pictures of Caleb running around on a baseball field, so I started playing around with sun flare, and back lighting, and perspective. I think the results are pretty fun! I like this one of Caleb stomping the dirt to bring up a dust cloud.

I love how happy Caleb looks here.

I'm not sure what delighted Daisy more:
being out of her car seat
being in the sunshine
snuggling with Daddy
watching Caleb have so much fun

Regardless, she was really happy, too!

heart.

Caleb crouched down and started digging around in the dirt.

Love it!

You know what else I loved? Hauling my weary bones out of the car after closer to 7 hours of driving, to be welcomed into Maggie's beautiful home. She had a delicious meal waiting for us, and she was kind enough to pretend that our road-weary children weren't being a little obnoxious. She's pretty fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment