October 30

We had a great day today, but I was terrible about taking pictures.
Let me rephrase. I was terrible about taking pictures of Daisy.

I realized this at dinnertime, when we were having a wonderful family meal at Bread Company. So quick as lightning, I whipped out my phone and snapped this picture of my precious little sugar lump.
It ain't much, but it's all I've got.
(Right before this, I was stopped by two different groups of ladies who each wanted to ooh and ahh over my adorable, bright-eyed baby. It's nice to have people confirm what I've long suspected: Chris and I make beautiful babies.)

And my other sugar lump, his face crumbly with a Chocolate Duet cookie. 
Those cookies are my fave. My absolute fave.

Earlier in the day, this boy was being completely hilarious. (By the way, "hilarious" is one of his current favorite words, a fact that I find completely hilarious.)

He wanted desperately to take his shirt off, but this was as far as he could get. I told him that if he could manage to get it off on his own, I was fine with him being naked.

He spent the next five minutes struggling and saying, "You want to be naked!"

Then he decided he was happy with the one-arm look.

It is a pretty chic look, after all.

Then the parade celebrating the Cardinals' World Series win was on TV. Chris and I seriously contemplated taking the kids down to see the actual parade, but laziness won out and we stayed home. Caleb didn't mind too much.

He was enthralled by the parade on TV.
Every time he recognized a player, he would shout their name. If Chris pointed out a player Caleb knew, he shouted even louder.

"OOOOHHHHHH! It's Lou Brock!
OHHHHH! There's the Stan Statue!
FREDBIRD!!! There's Fredbird!
The Clydesdales! I see the Clydesdales!
There's Joe Mozeliak!" (Yep. He really said it.)

Caleb absolutely enjoyed the parade in high definition. What a funny boy. Tonight at bedtime, he said, "You will watch the Cardinals in the World Series tomorrow?" Poor kid. I'm not sure how he'll be able to wait until April to watch his Redbirds play again!


No comments:

Post a Comment