October 3

Today was another Do-Nothing Monday, despite Daisy's best efforts to turn it into No-Nap Monday. She's killing me, folks! But I remembered my pledge not to turn into Angry Mom; I remembered that it's a phase she's going through that will pass; I even came close to having compassion for her as she struggles to re-learn to sleep. (Close. I'm not there yet.)

 At one point, I spent two hours off and on trying to get her to take her morning nap. She finally went to sleep - for 23 minutes. Really. Twenty-three minutes. Luckily, Caleb was very patient and cooperative while I battled with his sister. Also luckily? She eventually took an hour and a half nap during Caleb's naptime, so at least I had some sanity-saving time. I think her grand total of nappage today was two hours and ten minutes. That's not enough.

Chris came home right as I got Daisy down for her twenty-minute evening nap; we both found Caleb happily writing.

He was pleased to play with this little chalkboard I found at Michael's for under a dollar.

I think he was asking Daddy to draw pumpkins.

At dinnertime, he entertained me with his sassy side.

This girl was finally feeling portrait-ready during dinner; I was finally feeling ready to document this day. (It was a rough one.)

Luckily, a family walk with my funny boys and sweet, if sleepless girl helped end the day on a high note.

Every day will get better, right? I've been here before and survived. The nap-time cometh.


No comments:

Post a Comment