October 15

Today was great: I got to sleep in until *gasp* 9:00 thanks to my wonderful husbando, it was perfect weather for my five-mile run (hello, taper! I love you!), and then we celebrated my Mom's birthday at a Mexican restaurant. Wonderful!

A week or so ago, Mom went to Oregon to visit her sister. While she was there, she used her phone to record a video of the ocean.
90 seconds of ocean.
Caleb was transfixed. He loved it.

Daisy snuggled with Aunt Jenny.

Mom didn't want candles on her birthday cake. We compromised with one candle.


Happy Birthday, Mom!

Aren't they cute? They've been married for ... um... 35 years?

Yep. 35 years.

Handsome Max. I don't have any pictures of it, but today was the first time Max and Caleb have ever really interacted with each other. Before today, they just haven't been interested. But today, Caleb was talking to Max, and trying to play with Max, and they were running and laughing together. It was a pretty fantastic mommy-moment, and it was fun for Emily and I to watch our little boys play.

Caleb got serious when it was time for birthday cake, though.

Then he ran off his sugar high. Thankfully, we chose to eat early. The restaurant was mostly empty, and the few people that were there claimed to be entertained by his antics, rather than annoyed.

Later, I realized that I didn't have any "good" pictures of the kids from today. So I had Chris set them up on the trunk of the car in the Costco parking lot and I snapped away.

At first, Caleb was concerned for Daisy's safety. He held on to her very tightly. (Don't worry - Daddy was holding on, too!)

Holding her close - he wouldn't want anything to happen to his baby sister!

Daisy was happy with the arrangement. She delights in Caleb's attention, no  matter how small.


No comments:

Post a Comment