October 22

Blogger just informed me that today is my 702nd post. How about that?

I don't have much in the way of photos for today; I was supposed to work the ACT this morning, but after two hours I had to come home due to a really terrible migraine. I can't remember the last time I had a migraine that intense, which is really a blessing (I suppose). So I slept all morning/afternoon, and woke with just a headache instead of a debilitating migraine. I'll take that any day.

The big excitement of the day was hanging new curtain rods, looking for a new home to buy, and the arrival of our neighbor Drew's travelling drunken birthday party (no worries - they travelled by rented schoolbus, and were friendly drunks). Caleb saw the schoolbus pull up and ran to the window to watch the drunks stagger out. As soon as he saw Drew, he started yelling, "Happy Birthday, Drew!" What a sweet kid he is.

We removed our old curtain rod, which featured round finials. (Please disregard the rumpled bed in the background. I plead a migraine.) Caleb grabbed half of it and yelled, "It's a scepter! I am just like Queen Esther!" Yep.

Pretending to be the king, once we reminded him that the king had the scepter, not Esther.

And this girl. Doesn't she melt your heart?

Love her, and her smiling little tongue.
(While Daddy hung the curtain rod, Caleb and I measured Daisy with the tape measure. According to the calculations of a two-year-old and a foggy-headed mama, she is 275 inches long. Or was it 27.5 inches? I can't remember.)

Race day is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! Or, wish Chris luck as he attempts to cheer with two little ones. Luckily my mom will be along to help...


No comments:

Post a Comment