October 24

My quads hurt.
My hamstrings hurt.
My glutes hurt.
My hips hurt.

I was really glad today was another do-nothing Monday. And aside from one reeeaaallly wicked tantrum on Caleb's part (I made him come inside to eat lunch; he threw himself on the laundry room floor and flopped and kicked and screamed and cried for five minutes, until I determined it was no longer a safe place for him to be. I moved him to the center of the kitchen and allowed him to resume his tantrum. It continued another ten minutes, at least.), the kids were delightful today. That made things easier.

Many evenings, Chris and Caleb do pull-ups together before bed. Caleb really likes that, and lately I've found him hanging from the edge of the kitchen table. He grabs the top, picks up his feet, and swings/dangles. When I ask him what he's doing, he looks at me and says, "You doin' ex-da-size!" Yep. He's doing exercise.

After naps today, we had a snuggle in the big bed. Caleb almost had another tantrum when he thought I wasn't going to let him get in the bed; his voice rose a notch and wavered as he said, "You want to sungle Daisy! You want to get in the bed!"
(Have I mentioned that Caleb still mixes up his "I"s and "You"s? When he says "You", he really means "I". My child can correctly use the word "hilarious" and refers to objects as "giant", but he mixes up basic personal pronouns. eh.)

I threw him in bed (he likes being thrown) and he immediately wiggled toward Daisy. She watched with eager anticipation.

Happy girl. If only she'd stop getting colds! If it isn't a runny nose, it's a drooly mouth. Between the two, the poor girl's face is always either wet or crusty.

The pink in front of Caleb is Daisy's shirt. He was so happy to be snuggled up next to her!

Squeezing his sister tight.

Daisy squealed with delight as she reached for Caleb's hair.

I love these kids.

Guess who else I love? 
Yep.

This was right before dinner. I love that Chris always plays with the kids so that I can finish dinner without interruptions.

And before bed:
Game 5 of the World Series. How could we say no?


No comments:

Post a Comment