November 8

The kids and I rocked some grocery shopping today, hitting both Trader Joe's and Costco in less than two hours. At Trader Joe's, Caleb and Daisy both got to push their little carts and fill them with food. When we got to the checkout lane, they both handed their items to the cashier, then put their carts away while I paid. It's funny how proud they feel when they get to help out!

At Costco, Daisy was disappointed that there were no samples. She told me with a pout, "Daddy always lets us have samples!" Ah, but Daddy always takes you after church, around 11:00. Mommy always takes you on weekdays around 10:00. Apparently the sample people don't start work until 11.

Lily is still a sleeping champ; Chris and I were able to watch 90 minutes of a movie last night with no interruptions at all! It almost felt like we were childless again for those 90 minutes!

However, she was awake when I put Caleb and Daisy down for naps today. When that happens, we all pile into Daisy's bed. Lily sits in my lap while I read two books - one for each child. Then Caleb goes to his room and waits while I lay Lily on a pillow and snuggle Daisy. We talk about her day, pray, and I sing her one song. Then Lily and I go into Caleb's room, where we snuggle. I place Lily in the crook of Caleb's arm (the wall is right on the other side, so I don't worry about her falling out) and I curl up on his other side and tell him a story. It looks like this:

Can you tell how much they both love it? Caleb feels so proud to be "holding" his baby sister, and Lily loves to be snuggled up with him.

Gosh, they're cute.

I'm a lucky mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment