November 26

While Caleb was at preschool this morning, we had a playdate with Emily and her little boys. We had so much fun! Normally when we get together, one of the babies is sleeping. (Remember that Jace and Lily were born three days apart?) Not today!
They were holding hands at one point, but I missed the moment.

Hi, smiley girl! She totally doesn't mind that Jace has her by the collar and is demanding her attention.
Jace: Pay attention to me!
Lily: Just a minute, dude! Mom has the camera out and if I don't smile now, she'll just keep taking pictures!

Jace: PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!
Ha!

Then Max and Daisy got to watch the "What Does the Fox Say?" video
I confess: it's not just the children who like that video. I've downloaded the song to my iPhone, my iPod, and the computer. It never fails to make me laugh, especially when Daisy chimes in to sing, "And the seal goes OW OW OW!" If you haven't seen the video or heard the song yet, you really should. It's good for a few chuckles.

Also good for a few chuckles? Daisy's tutu while watching the video.

Emily and the boys ended up staying at our house while my girls and I went to get Caleb from preschool, and we all had lunch together. 
Emily entertained the children by pretending to eat non-food items. They were all laughing the hardest I've ever seen them laugh, and it was so good for my heart.

The only people not laughing? 
Jace and Lily, who were totally annoyed at their insane family. They're both clearly wondering what on earth is wrong with their people.

After dinner, we decided to pay a visit to the double-decker carousel at a nearby mall. 
In what has become their typical carousel behavior, Daisy chose to ride an animal...

and Caleb chose to sit on a bench. So it goes.
But once the carousel started moving, I appreciated Caleb's choice. Double-decker carousels, with their smaller circumferences, mess with your senses and make you much dizzier than normal carousels! Next time we visit, we will definitely stay on the lower level.

I also realized that it has been a long, long time since Caleb last visited a mall. He was totally overwhelmed and wanted *everything*. He definitely had a case of the galloping gimmes. Note to self: Don't take Caleb to a mall again, ever. It's not worth it. Except for the carousel rides, which really are pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment