November 14

Lily is so close to rolling over! When she's on her back, she can get 3/4 of the way there - it's just that pesky arm that keeps getting in her way.
(She's diaper-less because she currently has her first diaper rash. That's one for the baby book, right? Despite our best efforts with probiotics, Lily still only poops once every three or four days. Except for today, when she pooped four times in a twenty-four hour period. Her poor little bottom couldn't handle all that action!)
This jingly monkey toy has been the most successful lure so far in our attempts to get Lily to roll. I'm not sure what she likes about it, except for the fact that it's being held by her brother. I have some darling video of this, but the fact that she's diaper-less in the video means that it's just past my line of appropriate-to-share. I'll show photos of squishy baby bottoms on this blog, but that's where I draw the line.

Luckily, Caleb was fully clothed and ready to entertain.

He found this hard plastic ball and decided it was his "camera". A squeaky button in the center was his shutter button.

Here's a video of Caleb in action:

And another. Because you certainly don't have to watch them.
I think it's pretty funny. If nothing else, I know that in a few years I'll be delighted to look back and see how darling and creative and little Caleb was, even though he seems so big right now.

But back to Lily.
She's cute right?
Not really. Because it turns out that this face comes right before this face,

Which is the face she makes as she's pooping.
*sigh*
Luckily, there was a pad underneath her. Poor girl. Hope her bottom is better tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love the story about Caleb and his camera. When my son, Mark was Caleb’s age, he wanted to be a mailman. So he took his jeans that had straps, hung them across his shoulders diagonally, and put his mail in the legs. When he discovered the mail went right through the legs and on to the floor, he asked me to “fix it.” So I pinned the legs together half way up the legs so the mail wouldn’t fall out. He always waited for our mailman so he could put more mail in his bag and carry it around the house most of the day. I wish I had a picture of Mark and his mailbag. Don’t you just love the way little kids can improvise? And it always seems so reasonable, doesn’t it. Thank you for reminding me to remember those things when my children were little - many years ago.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete