November 24

I'm thinking maybe Lily's new amber teething necklace is working? I can't tell for sure - I can't even tell if she's really teething or not - but she's been doing a lot less whimpering. So I'd say it's worthwhile.
Can you see the little necklace she's wearing? It's honey-colored, and most of the time it's tucked inside her shirt. (Except bedtime, that is. Then I wrap it around her ankle. I don't want to do anything dangerous!) Honestly, I've never really liked the look of teething necklaces (or any jewelry!) on babies, which is why I've never tried one for Caleb or Daisy. Yes, I'm that shallow. But I'm over it now.

This afternoon, Chris fulfilled one of his dreams for our house: indoor bike track. Brace yourselves, friends. I'm about to show you our basement.
Daisy wore a party hat to celebrate the occasion.
(See the circa 1968 carpeting on the stairs that meets the bare concrete floors? The basement used to be carpeted and fully finished, until some flooding issues occurred, date unknown.)

This is the "finished" area. A few weeks ago, Chris cut out some of the framing and paneling to create a doorway and complete our race circuit. Daisy and Caleb tried it out today.

They loved it! Daisy tried to go downstairs wearing only polka-dotted tights and a shirt, but I insisted that people must wear pants and shoes to go to the basement. Chris and I debated the helmet issue; we're big helmet nerds, but I determined that the kids wouldn't be able to go fast enough in the basement for anything dangerous to happen.

Wrong.

This was right before Caleb tried to zip past Daisy in the doorway, got his training wheel caught in the framing, and tipped over. 

Oops.

New rule: To ride bikes in the basement, you must wear pants, shoes, and a helmet. Party hats don't count.

And now on to something completely unrelated. 
All of my children are snugglers. (Yesss!) Daisy, however, is an independent snuggler. Often she prefers to sidle up next to Chris or me and rest her head on our shoulder. If we try to put an arm around her and hold her there, she gets annoyed. She wants to snuggle on her terms! When she snuggles on my shoulder like this, she also pets my hair. It really is the sweetest thing, even if it often comes at inopportune times, like in this picture. Chris was trying to write, but Daisy saw Stationary Dad as a snuggle opp.

Then Caleb joined in on the fun, and I laughed really hard.
Lily was not amused.

She was amused by the Christmas tree, though. We put up the rest of the ornaments and decorations today.

Caleb watched me taking pictures of Lily and I could tell he was just dying to be in them. Finally, Chris suggested a brother/sister photo and Caleb was so happy!

He was also happy about this bib that he unearthed in the Christmas boxes. My Dad's mom sent this for Caleb's first Christmas, in 2009.
(Click the link. Click the link. Pleeease click the link. You won't regret it. He's adorable.)

But then, Lily's pretty cute, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment