November 5

While Caleb was at preschool today, Lily napped and Daisy and I had a lot of fun!

First, we did a craft project. Lily was still awake at this point, and lounging on the the couch while Daisy and I worked.
We made a handprint wreath, and a handprint turkey magnet. Daisy decided that Daddy needed to take the wreath to work with him to brighten up his office.

After crafting, snuggles! 
Most of the time, Daisy loves her baby sister. I hope this foreshadows many, many years of snuggling and whispered secrets. 

Once Lily was asleep, Daisy came up with a new game: Birthday Party. I was keen to play along, so I pulled out some old gift bags and sent Daisy off to find and wrap "gifts" we had in the house. Happily, I had some bean cupcakes in the freezer, so we put a candle in one and sang "Happy Birthday". 
Can you tell how tickled she was with the whole thing?

When I lit the candle, the girl lit up like she couldn't believe how lucky she was.

Poof! She blew the candle out right away.

What a fun game, Daisy!

Even more fun? Eating the cupcake!

1 comment: