November 27

Chris was able to take today and Friday off work, so we are one happy family with a five-day weekend stretched out in front of us! Even happier is that Chris' sister Grace and her husband are in town, so our Thanksgiving will find us extra thankful for her. We told Caleb and Daisy that Grace was coming to town, and all morning they asked if she was here yet. Finally, we called Grace to see where she was. They were driving through Joplin, so we looked it up on Google Maps and charted her course.

I'm not sure if the kiddos actually understood or not, but they were really interested in seeing where she was and where she would be.

Since Chris was home, I managed to go to our local Hallmark store and pick up a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament for Lily. You'd think that since it's still November I'd have a good chance of getting exactly the ornament I wanted, but that's not so. A lot of the ornaments were already sold out. Luckily, I discovered a darling little ornament with a girl owl, a boy owl, and a baby owl that says, "Over the moon for little you..." I thought it was perfect, and mentioned it to the Hallmark employee who was trying to help me. She looked at it and said, "No. That's for new parents. It's not a Baby's First Christmas ornament."

Um. Isn't that the same thing? Aren't new parents necessarily celebrating their baby's first Christmas?

So I got it. At first I felt bad that it was a mommy and daddy owl with their baby, but no brother or sister owl. But then I realized something even better: It WAS a brother and sister owl, with their new baby! And then it was perfect for us. So Caleb and Daisy know that there's a Caleb owl, a Daisy owl, and a Lily owl. Just right! 
Lily thought it was just right, too.

And then she tried to eat it. I am 90% sure that she has a little tooth bud developing. But I could totally be wrong.

Her ornament on the tree. Love it!

And though it's completely unrelated, I have to share this photo of Caleb. 
He built a "Y-Wing Fighter" out of his Legos, and was so proud of himself! First he built one for himself, and then one for Daisy. Really, it looks nothing like a Y-wing fighter, but he was adamant that it was, and he was very happy with it. Love that boy's creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment