November 2

Just when Lily's sleep habits were getting relatively predictable, she decided to throw us for a loop.
You know, because it's not already hard enough.
Not that it's hard - she's a really good baby - but still.

Case in point: Chris and I planned an afternoon date today, because Lily usually takes a long nap in the afternoon. Yesterday afternoon, she slept for four straight hours. Today? Not so much. She took a long nap in the morning, and was perky and cheerful when my mom showed up to babysit. However, Caleb and Daisy were napping, so mom had no complaints about snuggling a happy, cuddly baby for while.
Mom asked me not to share any of the photos I took of her with Lily, but I just had to post this one because it makes my heart happy. See how soft and creamy and squishy Lily is? Everything about her is fluffy and crying out to be petted. She's the perfect kind of baby to have around. Except for the sleeping/schedule/routine part, that is.

Chris and I had a lovely date, and came home to find Daisy awake, Lily asleep, and Caleb still napping.

Later, after dinner and baths, Chris let the kids watch a video while I put Lily down and he worked on patching some drywall. I came out to find Caleb and Daisy like this: 
On their knees, on the edge of their seats. Love it. This Lego Star Wars video is their only experience with Star Wars Movies; they also get Star Wars books from the library every time we go. Chris was going to let them watch part of the real Star Wars movies tonight, but it turns out that we only have them on VHS. Bummer.

Caleb was really disappointed about that at first, but his disappointment quickly faded as he watched Lego Star Wars. Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment