June 29

Today felt so busy, but in reality, we just did a few fun things. I suppose it's a good day that's busy with fun!

First, we met Sara and Carter and Cooper at the park. We tried a new park today, and it was a good choice: shady and toddler-friendly.

Caleb will finally let me put him in a swing again (he was terrified of swings for about 4 months!), and he and Cooper were happy to swing next to each other. Can you believe these boys will be 2 in just a week and a half?

Do you remember how little they once were?
(This was March 2010, when they were 8 months old.)

Now Caleb is such a big boy - he can sit at the table and write on the newspaper (and himself) with pen.

Also, just this week he started counting. He skipped right over the single digits, and can count up to fifteen all by himself.  (Why fifteen? Because we have fifteen steps from the first floor to the second, and I always count out loud as we climb them.)

Another new thing? He told me he loved me the other day. Out of the blue, he looked at me and said, "I love you." And then I died. Actually, he was being a real stinker at the time, so the "I love you" kept him from being in serious trouble. He also responds to our "I love you"s with, "I love you, too." How sweet!

After naptime, Jenny came over to play with us. 
She and Daisy had a great time laughing together.

Then Chris came home and took us out for Mexican food. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment