June 13

Caleb and I baked cookies together for the first time today. Daisy napped contentedly in her little rocker while Caleb and I measured and dumped and tasted. It was a lot of fun. Especially the tasting part. We even sang a song about cookies and read a book about cookies. I felt like a great mom.

Except for the part where I fed my child raw cookie dough and then stuffed him with chocolate cookies until he looked like this. That part probably won't win me "Mom of the Year".

This is my baby girl. 
She wants you to see her big muscles.

Our friend Amber came to visit today. I thought I was Caleb's favorite person ever because of the chocolate cookies, but then Amber arrived bearing her sparkling personality and this:
I'm pretty sure she's his new favorite person ever.

After dinner, Chris and I gave Caleb his Cardinals cookie. 
First he stared at it, dazzled by its awesomeness. (I mean, it's even the retro blue jersey!)

Then he tried to wear it. It is a jersey, after all!

Then he took a bite.

Then he said, "Eat Cardinals!"

and tried to bite off the Cardinals logo.

Midway through the cookie-eating process (with some help from Mommy and Daddy), Caleb began to give the cookie kisses.

A boy and his cookie.
Love.
Twoo love.

1 comment: