June 27

Today started out with a thunderstorm. Usually I love a good thunderstorm, but a stormy morning with a toddler ends up being gloomy, boring, and slow. Luckily, the rain stopped by 9:30, and Caleb had a chance to show me what toddler boys are all about:

Caleb was clean, dry, fully shod, and playing happily on the patio when I ran inside for 30 seconds to check on Daisy. During that 30 seconds, he wandered into the yard, found the one low spot full of sogginess and water, kicked off his shoes, and began poking around.

Step. Step. Step.

Kick!
(Can you see that trail of water from his kicking foot?)

Later, the stars aligned and both of my children were asleep at the same time for two full hours. 
Even Tigerlily the kitty knew it was safe to come out.

I wandered the house, enjoying the peacefulness of it. 
Can you feel the peace? It was pretty amazing.

Then I came to my senses and took a nap.

Later, my sister Emily came over with her two boys.

Caleb and Max got naked and played with water on the patio.
Unfortunately, Ryan was a bit too old to partake in the naked fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment